Jellyfish are amazing creatures, and her book captures the combination between fact and fiction so well that the words seem to rush together as you read the book, and never lets you look up until the last words have been read.
It is an amazing novel, and I strongly recommend you to read it. Now, some facts about the creatures of the deep themselves: Jellyfish.
Facts About Jellyfish
- Every five seconds, about 23 people are stung by jellyfish
- Some jellyfish can never die. They grow old, and then can return to their child-like state of being. And then they repeat
- One in every 48 people has been stung by a jellyfish
- One day, the jellies will grow to such numerous numbers that they will drive the whales to extinction
- When we kill sea turtles, we give the jellyfish more life, because turtles are their main predator
- Jellyfish make power plants close, because they can get caught in the pipes and stuff.
- There is a kind of jellyfish, the Irukandji Jellyfish is very tiny, but can kill you with a single sting. And to make it even more frightening, it is only .2 inches, so you'll never see it coming.