Friday, July 24

Blind

Hoosegow, a Western U.S. slang term meaning prison, comes from the Spanish juzgado, a word forcourt or tribunal.

How many people have ever seen this word before? I never have, and it is really amazing how many words we are blind to. I have never looked up words before, instead I use boring, bland words and change them during editing using the thesaurus. People could have 20 20 vision and still be blind to everything around them. I think that maybe (although I have never expeinced it) blind people have better vision than most people. Humans who can not see probably spend more time thinking about what the world looks like then people who can do.  Once you lose something dear to you, then that's when you start to miss it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!